There are a few basic things you will need to have:
- A way of being contacted ( see How to setup an email address, How to get a phone)
- A form of income (a job, or see What assistance can Work and Income offer)
Before you contact Work and Income, you need to show you are trying to find your own solutions. Let's start now, and look at your options:
- Check newspapers and online for rental places where you can stay. Librarians can be very helpful for finding information or setting up online accounts, like Trade Me.
- Put notices up at supermarkets or look at the notice boards.
- Look for jobs online through websites such as Seek.co.nz, Trade Me, or post on Neighbourly.
- Look into services that help you get ready for interviews (writing CVs, haircuts, clothing). There are a wealth of resources that are available at little to no cost (see Other resources)
If you haven't managed to find a job, or accommodation through the above suggestions, book an appointment with Work and Income. They will work with you to find an outcome.